- Wu-Tang Clan – Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
First time to hear something so groundbreaking.
- Redman – Dare Iz A Darkside
This is his second album where Red shows raw talent.
- Tha Alkaholiks – Coast II Coast
The second time for Tha Liks but more storytelling and defined their sound.
- Ice Cube – Predator
Ice Cube use to rhyme with emotion attached to great stories.
- Cypress Hill – Black Sunday
Second effort also defining their sound and going insane in the brain.
- Del The Funkyhomosapien – No Need For Alarm
Rumored that he freestyled this whole album and that is the correct spelling of his name on the first album.
- Company Flow – Funcrusher Plus
Independent as…open the case and remove the CD to find out.
- Gravediggaz – 6 Feet Deep
Labeled horrorcore at the time but the best collaboration with Prince Paul and RZA.
- Lyricist Lounge – Volume One
So much talent packed on two cds.
- Boogie Monsters – Riders Of The Storm : The Underwater Album
This group was overlooked but is a great album.
This was a list that I posted on the CAG forum about my top CDs of the 90s. I based my list on how I much I listened to each CD back then and how it impacted me at that time and now.